Saturday, September 09, 2006

~Simplicity~



Come with me atop the hill
Where we can pick daffodils

Then place a flower in my hair
And let me kiss you gently there

Spread the blanket on the grass
Pour the wine into my glass

Reminisce of days gone by
When life was simple and hopes were high

Remembering love so true
A love shared between just two

Dance with me among the stars
The night is young, the world is ours

For it seems so long since we last kissed
Sharing moments just like this

Lay with me through this night
Making love until first light

For life is hard at times unfair
It relieves my soul to have you here

To comfort me, to give me hope
Wrapped in you helps me to cope

For it is the simple things we forget
When life overcomes us in regret

So come with me atop the hill
Where we can make time stand still

While the world rushes on in futility
We will love in our simplicity.

No comments: