Saturday, February 22, 2014

~Broken~



You and your pretense
Your airs of perfection
Your feigned concern
Using my feelings to hold me to your will

You think you are irresistible
You claim to be brilliant
Yet, you are ignorant
Of what true love really means

Sitting on your throne
Expecting people to bow to you
Thinking love is all about
Your satisfaction only

You pushed aside my love
You spurned my loyalty
You gave me nothing in return
For my everything

Years spent thinking only of you...
Loving you...giving you my all...
Just to find you never even cared

My energy expended...my faith shattered...
My heart, broken

So what now?
Am I to continue the charade?
Continue giving you all my heart can hold
While being invisible to you?

No.

Truth has been my salvation and my pain
The truth that you only love you
That you have been blinded and bought
Stripped of what once made you beautiful...
Of what made my soul long to be part of yours

How sad that for you in the end
All you will have is your reflection
Empty of the presence of one who loved all of you...
Unconditionally

I, now swept away in a tidal wave within forever...

Broken.

No comments: