Sunday, January 29, 2012

~Love's Curse~



I loved you with a passion unsurpassed
You were my awakening and my dream
My days my nights enraptured by your presence in this world
A world of both our making

So far from you yet envisioning your arms around me
Your smile, your eyes, your lips
Knowing one day we would be together forever...
Never knowing ill fate had intervened into destiny

For you were not all my own
Another had a piece of your heart
Another had felt your touch, your lips, your fire
Another had heard your promises...

How tortured to feel such love for you in such betrayal
Such rapture for you in such pain
Such desire still for you across all these miles
Love surely my blessing and my curse...

Yet I cannot look at you and not love you
Though my dreams be in vain
I will not settle for any heart but yours
And so, I must close mine

I will therefore prepare myself
For a life of lover's solitude
If you cannot be my love
I will love no other
I will be as the Virgin Queen

My heart my own...
My love locked away
Yet resolute in the hope
That one day fate will find a way
To bring you back to me.

No comments: