Monday, April 29, 2013

~Moonlight~



Alas, I thought I would see you no more,
Yet tonight you bring the moon to my door

Shall I believe you have come to your senses... would I be remiss?
To believe you come alone for my sweet kiss?

Doth your love shine brighter than this heavenly light?
Shall you again arouse my heart's delight?

How sweet the passion beneath this beautiful orb that once our souls did make
Fate called you away and with you it's majesty you did take

Tis this now a dream a fancy that brings you back to me?
A desire so strong within my heart I willed this night to be?

If so I wish to never wake the light of day to see
I wish for eternal moonlight for eternal ecstasy

As I place my lips upon you your flesh warm upon mine
I realize this is most real yet a dream most sublime

In the light our silhouettes form the perfect kiss as stars shine above
I now know the moonlight pales to the luster of our love.

Featured poem in, "Romance 2000" by Wings of Dawn Publishing.

No comments: