Sunday, June 02, 2013

~Solace~



I want to hold you to my breast
to comfort you in your pain
To make you see this abiding love
in my heart that shall never wane.

I want to be held close to you
in your misery
So you will know a love pure and true
a love that was meant to be.

You loved and gave you heart before
to one who was untrue
Who knew not of the ways of love
or how to comfort you.

When one is loved it must be done
sincerely and mutually
Each heart and soul must feel that joy
that pure ecstasy.

A selfish heart can never know
what lovers truly feel
Their joy comes not from the love they give
but from the love they steal.

The love that lives within my heart
comes without a cost
It will be there in your brightest hour
and when your dreams are tossed.

It will laugh with you, cry with you
comfort you in your tears
It will dream your dreams, scheme your schemes
Dispel your wants and fears.

So as you come into our bed each night
to be shown unbridled passion
A love as you have never known
shown in true lover's fashion.

Believe this lover's vow I make to you this night
please seal it with a kiss
Let me hold you, love you, give you solace...

My dreams are made of this.

No comments: