Friday, September 05, 2014

~Admirer~



As I walked along the garden path
moonlight entwined with mist
I spied a rose laying softly upon the bench
sealed sweetly with a kiss

I've seen it lo,
these past two months
when night quietly descends
My secret lover these
gifts doth bring
my passion's fire to tend

I do not know my admirer's kiss
his touch nor his embrace
Yet I live to feel his love alone
imagining his face

To one night upon the misty moor
engage in love's delight
Realizing this my only dream
to have my love in sight

This love as a sweet red rose
vulnerable, fresh, new
Would cover him til morning's light
mingling with the dew

How come he to know of me?
To tease me with his heart?
Inspiring such passions yet unknown
such longings in the dark?

I sit alone red rose in hand
holding it to my breast
Praying he is watching me
his love to be confessed

I bring my lips to kiss
each delicate petal as they fall
I feel a presence
my heart be still
as I long to hear his call

The gentle breeze caresses me
as it carries forth my wish
To have him come to me this night
to steal me with a kiss

I see a shadow against the moon
he speaks declaring his love for evermore
He is the man I always loved
but silently adored

We lay as one beneath the garden wall
our secret ours alone
Our hearts now one
our love transcending all we've ever known

Now each night as twilight falls
as the moon beckons soft and tender
My admirer-my lover
brings me one red rose
and his sweet surrender

No comments: